The Western Australian Cricket Strategy 2017-22 provides the WACA with a blueprint to achieve its purpose to inspire all Western Australians to love cricket and vision to be leaders in Australian cricket.
The strategy identifies key themes which will guide the WACA's efforts, including:
- Deliver what our Members and fans want through a focus on innovation, customer service and engaging content
- Create the best participation experiences to grow junior cricket and ensure a best practice model for senior community competitions
- Deliver the best high performance system in Western Australian sport
- Be the leading sport for women and girls and all diversity groups
- Promote cricket to inspire a love of the game in WA
- Use technology to deliver great experiences for Members, fans, participants and volunteers
- Maximise long-term sustainable renew to drive investment in WA cricket
The state's new strategy aligns to the overarching Australian Cricket Strategy and has been devised after more than 12 months’ consultation with all sections of cricket across Australia, from volunteers and club members through to players and administrators.