Mental Health and Wellbeing
Mental health can be defined as a state of wellbeing that enables people to cope with the everyday stresses of life, realise their abilities, learn and work well, and contribute to their community.
WA Cricket is committed to playing an active role in promoting positive mental health and wellbeing to all clubs, associations, and stakeholders. We recognise that sporting clubs are core pillars in a community and provide a platform to increase resilience, social capital, and mental health literacy.
We are proud to partner with Healthway promoting the Think Mental Health campaign in a 3-year-plan to create awareness and provide education to build positive mental health for all involved with WA Cricket. This includes sharing resources with clubs, as well as connecting, building-and-strengthening clubs’ relationships with mental health service providers. You can view more information on Think Mental Health, and access resources here.
Mental Health Resources
True Sport, an initiative developed by Sport West, have launched the Mental Health and Wellbeing Initiative that includes a comprehensive toolkit of resources for clubs. The initiative supports sporting clubs and their volunteers to promote a positive culture that can contribute to improved mental health and wellbeing in the sporting community. Resources have been developed in conjunction with the Mental Health Commission and a Clinical Psychologist from the Mental Health Project.
- Click here to access eToolkits for clubs and communities.
- Click here to view links to mental health programs and services.
If you or someone you know needs help, refer to the services below.
Immediate Crisis Support Providers
Contact Think Mental Health
If you or someone you know is in a life-threatening situation or is at risk of harm to themselves or others call 000
If you are seeking immediate support, please contact one of the following helplines available 24/7
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line: 1300 555 788 (Perth Metro) or 1800 676 822 (Peel)
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyondblue: 1300 224 636
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 (for children and young people aged 5-25 years old)
- Rurallink: 1800 552 002
- Alcohol and Drug Support Line: (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (country callers toll-free)
- Parent and Family Drug Support Line: (08) 9442 5050 or 1800 653 203 (country callers toll-free)
- Call Triple Zero (000) if it is an emergency