WACA is strongly aligned with the Safe Clubs 4 Kids initiative which encourages and supports the sport and active recreation industry to create and maintain safe environments for junior cricketers in the state.
The WACA has recently revised the WACA Safe Clubs 4 Kids information booklet. Please click here for a copy of the booklet - Safeguarding Kids in Cricket.
Useful Websites and Links
- Australian Cricket's Child Safety Framework
- Australian Cricket’s Commitment to Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Australian Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Cricket Australia's Code of Behaviour for Affiliated Associations, Clubs and Indoor Centres
- Working With Children Information (WA Government)
- Safe Clubs 4 Kids
Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO)
MPIOs are people trained to be the first point of contact within your Region/Association (or club) for any persons considering making a complaint or claim under the Member protection policy. MPIOs provide confidential, impartial and timely support and information. They also provide information about the local complaint resolution options available to address the individuals concerns. The Western Australian Cricket Association recommends that each Association has a qualified MPIO. The Western Australian Cricket Association has a number of staff who have completed the Member Protection Information Course. Please contact Community Cricket officer for more information.