Inspiring a love of healthy food and drinks amongst emerging cricketers from an early age is a role local cricket clubs play in the health and wellbeing of young people.
Through WA Crickets partnership with Healthway, The Healthy Sports Program has been designed to assist local cricket clubs to provide young players with the food and drinks they need to perform at their best.
Your club can apply today for $2K in funding from Healthway to:
- Host a healthy food and drink activation – Junior Team(s) picnic:
- Have an end of season family picnic where the club provides the catering (using the money from the grant).
- Picnic has healthy foods from the healthy BBQ guide or alternative.
- Host a healthy food and drink activation – Junior Promotion Water Wins:
- Purchase new water bottles for each junior club member (using the money from the grant
- Purchase water dispenser for teams to have near the team bench during the match
- Educate and empower - Nutrition Session
- Have a Healthway recommended nutritionist present to the club – (Nutrition session to use the templated/pre-planned presentation Healthway has approved)
To assist with your club’s activation please download the PDF here that shows the information required to apply.
Healthy Sports Program Application here